I simply cannot believe Oliver is another month older!! Time has never gone so fast for me and every month I find myself wondering how the hell I can slow it down and soak up all the precious moments. Oliver is now at an age that I can compare his quirky mannerisms and personality to that of Braxton because I became an actual part of Brax’s life at this age and its so fun to see how different yet similar they are.
With the holidays just passing, it was even more special to celebrate Ollie’s 2nd Christmas now that he is older and more interactive. We just loved watching him tear open presents and play with the wrapping paper. Hell, even the tree skirt was a hit for this kid!! He would dive under the tree and smack around the branches, giggling as he rearranged all the ornaments! I can’t tell you how many times I changed his diaper to find half the damn tree’s pine needles in there!! Santa however, was terrifying and I found myself wondering when children go from being absolutely petrified to idolizing him. At least daddy made it onto his “nice list”.
His interest in music has grown even more and he loves to play air drums with straws alongside grandma and he is OBSESSED with Braxton’s ukulele aka his “guitar”. I think we are getting close to putting him in a children’s music class because he will watch tutorial videos and try to mimic them at home. I swear, this kid is going to be a musician some day.
We are definitely in more of an attachment phase now too. Oliver has started to become aware of when I leave the room or area he is in and wants to be next to me or held by me so much more. I struggle with the balance in not creating a clingy “momma’s boy”, while also taking in the affection and kisses he now frequently gives, because I know one day I won’t be as cool as I am right now #momcooties. For a VERY independent, little, fella, he has become even more affectionate and loving and I just melt into a damn puddle E-V-E-R-Y time.
I fall in love with him more each day, with each drool baby kiss and every wild antic he pulls. I live for his smile (which is doing better and we have a follow up in 2 weeks) and as much as it hurts to see him grow sometimes, I love learning more about him and myself each day.
- Sign 5 signs including; more, hat, please, all done and baby.
- Run, jump and “sit” (or “shit” when daddy teaches him), kick and throw a ball.
- Blow Kisses
- Reach things on the counter’s edge (exciting times!).
- Lock you out of your email if you leave your laptop open!
Oliver’s Favorite Foods
- Fruit!! He still loves pretty much any fruit you put in front of him.
- Yogurt pops; we make them by simply putting his yogurt into a popsicle mold. Great for teething babies too.
- Goldfish crackers.
- Lo mein noodles; we may or may not order Chinese food on occasion.
We are slowly transitioning Oliver from his bottle and formula by cutting back ounces. He has cows milk with his breakfast meal, however we are not rushing the process of cutting him off of formula. He has been on toddler formula since 12 months.
Oliver’s Favorite Toys
- Go-Go Smart Tracks. He will sit and play with these tracks for an HOUR!! David and I even find ourselves sitting on the floor with Ollie and these tracks.
- Harry the Puppy. He loves to dance and chase after this toy!
- My Pal Scout Dog. This toy is neat because you can personalize it to your child and they even have a song just for your babe. It even says its name (sounds kinda creepy IMO) Ollie loves this toy!
- Radio Flyer Tricycle. We all love this b/c he can ride and we don’t have to bend over to push him. He feels like a big boy and this is a toy he will get years of use out of.
- Mega Bloks. Oliver got a couple sets of these for Christmas and he LOVES them. He loves to stack them and pull them apart and its definitely a toy that holds his attention span for quite some time, which is nice when you need a busy baby to get something done.